Monday 12 September 2016

Media Intro

Media Intro


Q1)    Why did you choose AS Media Studies?


Q2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?

Q3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework tasks did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?

Q4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

Q5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

Q6) What do you think the biggest media story of 2016 has been and why?

Q7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

Q8) What was the last film you watched?

Q9) What is your favourite ever TV series?

Q10) How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why?



A1)      I chose AS Media Studies because I have very creative personality. In my opinion, I think that I always come up with new and unique ideas whether that be at school or at home and at home I do not get to express all of these ideas so I chose Media as a way to be able to express the type of person I am and the numerous ideas that I come up with.
A2)      I did not take GCSE media.
A4)      In A Levels, practically, I hope to obtain an A* but realistically I think I am capable of obtaining a B.
A5)      My next thought after A Level is to take some time out from education and find myself through doing different things that I have never done before like travelling or going into particular fields, i.e volunteering at a radio station to see which profession I think I would like, going on from there I would like to do an apprenticeship based on what I have found out from the time I have taken off from education or go into the working field.
A6)      The biggest Media story of 2016 I think is Britain coming out of the EU.
A7)      The media source that I use is Snapchat as you can view the news on stories that are on there.
A8)      The last film that I watched was Suicide Squad.
A9)      My favourite TV series is Power and Empire.

A10)   I spend just about the right time online as I am doing other activities like making music or coming up with clothes designs.   

1 comment:

  1. It is great that you have high aspirations - if you want to achieve a B grade at this level, it will be hard so please ensure you are engaging with the media at a close level - read The Guardian Media supplement at the weekend and the BBC news daily, also get a Twitter account and follow interesting people associated with the Media and follow the Macguffin twitter account.

    ReplyDelete