Tuesday 3 January 2017

Introduction to Media: Media consumption audit

Introduction to Media: Media consumption audit



Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
Daily Mail, The Sun
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
I read all of the sections as i like to gain knowledge on things that i didn't know before. 
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
Sometimes sections on the Kardashians or some celebrities. These are irrelevant sometimes and have no purpose to me. 
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
 I normally read things that have happened to people in real life and things that will probably benefit my life. 
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
My grandmother buys The Sun.
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
I look at all my newspapers online - The Sun, Daily Mail. I like the stories in these newspapers. 

Magazines

  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
I read cosmopolitan online as it has benefits in there that can help me with a few things.
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
I read all of the sections

Television

  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
Around 42 hours a week
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
3 oclock, 5 oclock and 8 onwards
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
My Wife And Kids, The real housewives, Tattoo fixers. I like these best only for entertainment reasons
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
Sometimes i watch it alone but if i watch it with others my mum and nan decides. 
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop of tablet?)
I watch some episodes/ seasons on Catch-up on my laptop or phone. 

Radio

  • Do you listen to the radio?
Yes
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
Westside Radio, I like this best because they play music that i like. 
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio?
2 hours a week
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio?
No particular time
  • Where do you listen to the radio?
In the Car
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio?
Nothing 

Cinema

  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
None. 
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through rental, satellite film channels (free or otherwise) or through video-on-demand?
Almost Christmas and When The Bough Breaks
  • Who else watched the films with you?
My family
  • Who decided what films to watch?
My aunty and I 
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.
Television 

Online

  • How often do you access the internet?
Very often
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
At home 
  • What are the main sites that you access?
Google, Shopping sites - JD Sports, Bershka, Asos, New Look etc
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
I access the internet equal times when trying to find out information and for shopping. 
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
Nothing
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
My phone is the primary device for accessing the internet
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
Instagram, Whatsapp, Snapchat. I like how these networks function and being able to keep up with things like friends, families and celebrities. 

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
I can develop this by going on my phone less when i am bored and do a physical hobby that isn't to do with media. e.g write a song
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
My media consumption has become less as a result of studying A Level Media but I will go on there to read newspapers, do work and research etc... in order to help me with my work. 
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
  1. More Newspapers and magazines
  2. Get more knowledgable apps
  3. Watch more educational television programmes and listen to more radio stations for discussions.


No comments:

Post a Comment